Monday, July 23, 2012

tacos with salad-ish toppings


Emily is making that face because she is quite impatient to eat.  To make tacos, I coooked about 2 pounds of hamburger, bought ages ago for $4.41.  I bought "mexican" cheddar cheese today for $2.69 a bag (used about 3/4 of the bag for $2.02) a half a head of iceburg lettuce (0.79), a half of a tomato (0.66), a half of an single onion, purchased six in a bag for $2.99 (0.25), a few olives and peppers (just me, so probably less than 10 cents worth of that), and taco shells, on sale today for $1.99 at Costas.  We ate half the pack, so $1.00 for them.


I'm also the only one who opted for taco salad.


But the tacos were delicious, even enjoyed by my pickiest children.


For dessert I was asked to recreate the Mushroom Cake from Andrew's birthday party. 
Extra Life... Get it?  

Cake mixes were on sale this week for $1 each.  Just when I thought I'd seen the last of $1 cake mixes... there they were...  So I bought 5 mixes.  Anyway, Andrew's birthday cake took me roughly an hour just to get the decorating right, and I wasn't about to to put that kind of time into this one, so what we had for dessert looked like this: 


So our final total for dinner was:  meat, ($4.41), cheese, ($2.02), lettuce (0.79), tomato (0.66), onion, (0.25), a few olives and peppers (~10 cents), shells, ($1.00), less than 1/4 of the cake, cake mix ($1.00), and homemade frosting (less than $1), so 50 cents worth of cake =

$9.73


Yum




No comments:

Post a Comment